- McFAIN, Robert E., Pilot
- VAUGHN, Dale N., Co-Pilot
- COOK, John, Navigator
- B– USER, Henrion P. Bill, Bombardier
- ELLIS, John, Ft/Eng
- EMINZER, Robert, Nose Gunner
- YATES, William H, Ball Gunner
- BYFIELD, Floyd E., Tail Gunner – EVD 5/5/44 Harper
- PRZEKOP, Francis A, Tail Gunner – replaced Byfield
- KUCHARCZYK, Thadeus Ted, Lt. Waist Gunner
- PINIX, Verne J, Lt Waist Gunner – Radio/Op – EVD 8 Nov 44 Mason
William Nosker was the original C.O. from July ‘43 until April ‘44 when he was transferred to the 47th Wing Headquarters as Assistant Operations Officer. Nosker was killed when the 376th Bomb Group B-24 that he was aboard crashed on takeoff on 15 August ‘44. Rexford Tompkins, the original Operations Officer for the 718th, became the C.O. in April ‘44 and remained so until September ’44. Charles Jordan finished out the war as the 718th C. O. from September ‘44 through May ’45.
A replacement ship arriving 18 Apr 44. The nose gunner on McFain’s crew, Robert Eminizer, painted the nose art showing a steel helmet with two eyes “peeping” out, with G.I. shoes. “Peepy” went down on 13 October ’44 returning from a mission to Vienna, Austria, when Blaney’s eleven-man crew was forced to bail out over the Adriatic Sea. 3 were KIA and 8 were rescued by a Catalina flying boat of the Air Sea Rescue Command. MACR 13505.