- MURCH, Charles I, Pilot
- HEIDY, John V, Co-pilot
- JOHNSON, Max E., Navigator
- PORTER, Lloyd C, F/E Waist Gunner
- BARRETT, Richard M., Radio/Op Lt Waist
- THOMSEN, Paul R, Top turret
- KOCIS, Carl S, Ball Gunner
- McARDLE, James O, Tail Gunner
- HOGANMILLER, Gerald J, Nose Gunner
It was with much surprise and delight I saw the MURCH group picture, the same one I have on my wall, and my Dad, Carl S Kocis, ball gunner, standing there in his 18yr glory. Nice picture. Thanks for your website and to the heroes of WWII this 4th of July, 2016, 73 years after that picture was taken.
Carl J Kocis II
William Nosker was the original C.O. from July ‘43 until April ‘44 when he was transferred to the 47th Wing Headquarters as Assistant Operations Officer. Nosker was killed when the 376th Bomb Group B-24 that he was aboard crashed on takeoff on 15 August ‘44. Rexford Tompkins, the original Operations Officer for the 718th, became the C.O. in April ‘44 and remained so until September ’44. Charles Jordan finished out the war as the 718th C. O. from September ‘44 through May ’45.