- PARKINS, Kenneth D., Pilot
- LEOPOLD, Robert F., Co-Pilot
- GOLDBECK, Emil, Navigator
- BILODEAU, Robert W., Bombardier
- RACE, Kenneth O, Flight/Eng
- COLLELUORI, Mario V., Radio/Op
- YOUNG, Ed, Nose Gunner
- RODRIGUEZ, Keith, Tail Gunner
- WEISSE, Edward, Waist Gunner
My dad was a pilot on B-24s 717th squadron. He is still alive and would love to hear from anyone.
John A. Silverstein (changed his name after the war to John (Jack) Steele) was C.O. from June ‘43 to July ’44. He was followed by Charles E. Harton from July ‘44 to November ’44. Harton had served as the acting C.O. for the 719th squadron while Swan was in the hospital recovering from wounds during May ‘44 to July ‘44. Lloyd M. Bentsen (who became a U.S. Senator from Texas, U. S. Treasurer after the war, and U.S. Vice Presidential Candidate) was the C.O. from November ‘44 until February ’45. Robert Johnson took over from mid-‘45 to V.E. Day in May ’45.
Arrived August 44. Crash landed at Pontedera with two engines out from flak damage. Collapsed nose gear and left main, 17 Apr 45 mission to Bologna with Parkins crew aboard. No casualties.